Because Tarantool leverages a fast NoSQL database, cache, and application server all in one, it is designed to empower architects and developers.
Our team's mission has always been the same- We improve performance and save costs for enterprises through the application of our unique solution.
To learn more about the Tarantool organization, please visit the About Us page.
We are always seeking new team members that are excited about this mission.
You are welcome to apply to any open positions below:
Our team develops a fully open source project: writes code that automates the testing, assembles packages, and prepares documentation. Now we are developing a complete cloud solution which automatically replaces defective parts and distributes the database load to multiple machines.
- You are fluent in C and C++.
- You have Unix system programming skills.
- You have experience with creating a “soft” real-time system.
- You can read and write English.
It would also be nice if:
- You have experience with storage technology and compilers.
- You have experience with the implementation of virtual environments.
- You have experience with creating distributed systems.
About the job
This is a full-time position at Mail.Ru’s Moscow headquarters, a large modern building near the “Airport” subway station. Duties include:
- programming for a Tarantool-cluster-based public cloud
- ensuring trouble-free and fast operation to the satisfaction of customers and management
- communicating with other developers, technical writers, and customers with technical questions
Once a developer becomes thoroughly familiar with Tarantool, opportunities may exist for architectural work, consulting, and international travel.
Senior Technical Evangelist
If you have:
- strong software engineering skills
- good understanding of TCP/IP networking and Linux
- ability to make a benchmark of databases from ground up (from setting systems up, through writing all the code, to publishing an article and speaking on a conference)
- fluency in English (ability to speak with people, understand them, speak at conferences, speak with customers f2f, write and publish articles)
- some usage experience with Tarantool (either in production or in testing environment) and clearly understand why it is better than the others
And if you’re up to:
- be an evangelist for Tarantool
- be writing technical articles about Tarantool
- make frequent business trips all over the world (at this point we’re talking primarily about the USA)
- be applying for and speaking on technical conferences
- be evangelizing the product at conference expo zones, talking with people, helping them understand how they can benefit with Tarantool
- be making various benchmarks of Tarantool with respect to other databases
- be attracting people’s attention to Tarantool by creating & publishing materials on Facebook and other media
- be making all possible and impossible efforts to get Tarantool more visible by the technical community
Probably, you want to know about us:
- we’re Mail.Ru Group, the 6th biggest Internet business globally
- more specifically, we’re a team of Tarantool which is the database management system that we’re developing
- this database is a corner stone of Mail.Ru Group as it is used in many of our services like email, cloud, games, advertising and many more
- the main thing about Tarantool is that it is, firstly, one of those rare databases that have an application server on board, and secondly, faster, much faster, than any other open sourced database system (we have plenty of benchmarks on that and you’ll be getting us much more)
- Tarantool is widely used outside of Mail.Ru Group, e.g. by Badoo, Avito, Qiwi, VimpelCom (Beeline) and many others
- our current mission on Tarantool is to make it the most popular database system in the world
Now, what we offer:
- work in Moscow in a highly technological 27-story skyscraper near Airport metro station
- free coffee, tea, cookies, fresh juice, gym, health insurance, underground parking garage and many more perks
- more than competitive salary
- business trips to the USA
Tarantool is an open-source DBMS and application server developed at Mail.Ru Group. The project is built and maintained (testing, documentation, benchmarks, builds) by the Tarantool team alone. Sometimes we contribute to other related open-source projects (LuaJIT, libev). Tarantool developers give talks at top IT conferences (both in Russia and abroad), regularly publish specialized articles, hold workshops and even author a technology podcast (devopsdeflope.ru).
Apart from our involvement in the open-source community, we’ve started selling Tarantool-based solutions to other companies. We’re looking for a skilled developer who’ll work on key objectives in this field.
- work with Tarantool’s strategic partners;
- create technical and design specifications;
- develop Tarantool-based end-user solutions from scratch;
- cover developed solutions with tests (full test automation);
- integrate developed solutions into our clients’ projects;
- walk each client through all stages of operational acceptance testing;
- deploy project to production;
- work with the open-source community (project’s full source code is available on github.com).
- good knowledge of any modern scripting language (Python, Go, Node.js, Lua and so on);
- interest in and eagerness to develop high-load projects;
- 3+ years of experience of commercial software development;
- experience designing and developing a REST API;
- ability to see projects through to the end.
Will be a plus:
- experience using NoSQL databases in production;
- experience working with message queues in production;
- Lua/Tarantool developing experience;
- participation in any open source project;
- advanced English;
- any experience with C/C++ (most team members are C/C++ developers).
What we offer:
- comfortable work environment: large open-space office, sound-absorbing panels, tens of conference rooms, extra monitors, powerful hardware and MacBooks, if needed;
- tasty food: the office has a restaurant offering breakfasts and lunches, and two kitchenettes on each floor, where you can always find some fruit, berries, tea, coffee, Coca-Cola and, sure enough, cookies;
- leisure with pleasure: spacious lounge zone, massage chairs, fresh juice bar, swings, cosy corners with comforters and pillows for rest, video game consoles, cinema;
- comprehensive healthcare coverage: great voluntary medical insurance from day one that includes dental care and even massage;
- keeping fit: the office has free gym (with all necessary equipment and, of course, shower rooms), tennis tables and even a soccer field;
- great location: the office is situated within a five-minute’s walk from the Airport metro station. Those who get to work by car can use our 5-story underground parking. And yes, we do have free spots there;
- professional development: our office often hosts seminars, training sessions and various developer events: Moscow.pm, CocoaHeads Moscow, UX Wednesday and the like. It goes without saying that we send our employees to external professional events as well.
We’ll be happy to review your application and, given mutual interest, make you a very tempting offer.
Certified Tarantool Developer
We at Mail.Ru Group are developing a database management system called Tarantool. It’s one of the world’s fastest in-memory databases used both internally at Mail.Ru Group and externally at companies like Beeline, QIWI, Avito and Badoo.
We assist Tarantool’s external partners in finding and certifying developers. A certified developer can work for one of our partners either full time or on a piecework basis.
The certificate is issued following a successful in-person interview, based on an undisclosed scoring system.
The procedure is completely free. The certificate is valid for one year from the issuance date. Being a certified Tarantool developer gives you a chance to get hired by one of our partners, either by directly contacting them or through our assistance. Some of our partners are currently willing to employ such specialists. After receiving the certificate, you may ask us to negotiate, on your behalf, your desired salary or hourly rate with a prospective employer. We’ll recommend that our partner pay you a specified amount. This process is totally free and transparent.
- 3+ years of commercial experience developing in any programming language;
- familiarity with SQL and NoSQL data storage and processing technologies;
- (not necessarily commercial) experience using Tarantool.
Will be a plus:
- experience with high-load services
What we offer:
- full-/part-time employment with one of our partners